Wednesday, August 11, 2010

GLAZING TUESDAY

THE WEIGHED OUT BUCKETS OF GLAZE INGREDIENTS

ADONIS ENTHUSIASTICALLY APPROACHING THE TASK OF MIXING THE GLAZES

Yesterday was one of those days where the studio is filled with intense activity...Sandile painting delicate detail on to cups, I pondering over my little black notebook for glaze recipes which I then weigh out meticulously whilst wearing a teashirt-made-into-a-scarf around my face so as not to breathe in the dust because I can't find the masks...and then Adonis having the very tedious task of mixing up the powders with water and sieving the mixtures three times...so from dust to slop on the floor, and eventually much cleaning and mopping it was a fruitful day. Of course the glazes when fired on the pots will never reveal the secrets of all this preparation!

No comments: