29, 30 April & 1 May 2011
An intimate week-end workshop celebrating this ancient and time-honoured firing method; for ceramicists, potters and other romantics wanting to have work fired in a wood-fired kiln. Specialised attention to all attendees.
Make your pots at a pre-firing teabowl workshop in Cape Town to ensure your efforts are rewarded when firing the kiln.
Workshops and events planned over the week-end include:
· decorating and glazing for wood-firing with Paul de Jongh
· firing of train kiln
· participatory continuous slab building with Hennie Meyer
· powerpoint presentation with Clementina van der Walt
· “Elemental” – a film about Ken Matsuzaki, a Japanese wood-firing potter
· Journey along the McGregor art route
Cost: R2 000 for the workshops, inclusive of food on Friday night, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday. Camping facilities available.