The images above are latest work for a client in Germany.
At the same time, as taking these out of the kiln, I have been struggling with the glaze on plates commissioned by a local restaurant. To put things into a greater perspective I reflected on the poignant poem Success by Bessie Anderson Stanley(1879-1952) which resonated with me experiencing simultaneous excitement and irritation with ceramics...
- He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often, and loved much;
- Who has enjoyed the trust of pure women, the respect of intelligent men and the love of little children;
- Who has filled his niche and accomplished his task;
- Who has never lacked appreciation of Earth's beauty or failed to express it;
- Who has left the world better than he found it,
- Whether an improved poppy, a perfect poem, or a rescued soul;
- Who has always looked for the best in others and given them the best he had;
- Whose life was an inspiration;
- Whose memory a benediction.